👉 A Curated List of Docker Extensions
Docker Extensions lets you use third-party tools within Docker Desktop to extend its functionality.
🙋 Why Developers Need Docker Extensions
- Extensions allows developers to seamlessly connect their favorite development tools to your application development and deployment workflows
- Extensions augments Docker Desktop with debugging, testing, security, and networking functionalities, and build custom add-ons using the Extensions SDK
- Extensions open a realm of possibilities for developers by adding a variety of tools to your development workflows
- Developers can now leverage their favorite tools directly from within Docker Desktop with one-click installation of extensions
- Developers can now discover new ways to implement and optimize workflows in the Marketplace with Extensions from both official Extension partners and community members
Refer to this official link to learn more about Docker Extensions.
✔️ Submit your Docker Extensions
Here is a list of Docker extensions curated by the Collabnix community members.
Table of Contents
- How to Install Docker Extensions
- 📹 Videos
- 💬 Support and Community
- docker/disk-usage-extension - View disk space used by Docker and what it’s used for. Reclaim disk space in one click
- prakhar1989/dive-in - A Docker extension to help you explore a docker image and discover ways to shrink the size
- rumpl/docker-extension-golang-playground - Golang playground in Docker Desktop
- noelm/swagger-editor-extension - Swagger Editor Docker Extension for Docker Desktop
- peacecwz/github-registry-docker-desktop-extension - Docker Extension for Github Registry
- caretdev/docker-intersystems-extension - View Docker Images from Intersystems Docker Extension
- cedricziel/dd-extension-lgtm - OpenTelemetry enabled Grafana LGTM stack
- docker/volumes-backup-extension - Back up, clone, restore, and share Docker volumes effortlessly.
- efejjota/counter-extension - Counter extension Showcasing data persistency, backend commands, vanilla JS UI and Docker multistage builds
- felipecruz91/bind-mount-extension - Bind mount Extension which bind a dir to the extension container and list the contents of the bind mounted file
- tomwillfixit/docker-extension - Turn any script into a Docker Extension in about 3 minutes
- jatin711-debug/request-docker-extension - Docker Desktop Request Mapper
- awaldow/docker-desktop-healthchecks-ui- Docker Desktop Extension to show container healthchecks output.
- harness/drone-desktop-docker-extension - A Docker Desktop extension to run and manage drone pipelines.
- lucbpz/graph-view-docker-extension - Docker extensions that displays all your containers, volumes, images etc. in a network graph.
- thiyagu06/asyncapi-studio-docker-extension - AsyncAPI studio Docker Extension for Docker Desktop
- docker-image-size-extractor-extension - Docker Image Size Extractor Extension
- dockerfile-inspector-extension - DockerFile Inspector Extension
- marcelo-ochoa/jsoncrack-docker-extension - Seamlessly visualize your JSON data instantly into graphs
- ivan-curkovic/excalidraw-docker-extension - Excalidraw Docker Extension
- ronakforgit/n8n-docker-extension - n8n Workflow automation tool docker extension
Flame-Graph-Extension- Flame Graph Extension
- CTOai- CTO.ai turns any cloud infrastructure into a powerful custom PaaS so you can increase your teams CI/CD velocity by up to 200% without hiring more DevOps
- spurin/webden-extension - Open source mobile and tablet friendly alternative to JSFiddle and JSBin
Container Management and Orchestration
- Lens Extension by Mirantis for Kubernetes- developers can now conveniently access Kubernetes clusters in seconds within their familiar Docker Desktop environment
- Ambassador Labs Telepresence - Develop and test your Docker containers with Kubernetes
- AVENTER-UG/docker-mesos-extension - Apache Mesos Extension for Docker Desktop
- portainer/portainer-docker-extension:2.13.1 - Docker container management made simple, with the world’s most popular GUI-based container management platform
- OpenShift Docker Extension - OpenShift Extension for Docker desktop
- splatform/epinio-docker-desktop - The Application Development Engine for Kubernetes
- meshery/docker-extension-meshery - Extends Docker Desktop’s position as the cloud native developer’s go-to Kubernetes environment with easy access to the next layer of cloud native infrastructure: service meshes
- loft-sh/vcluster-dd-extension - Manages vclusters quickly and easily through the Docker Desktop interface.
- spurin/k9s-dd-extension - k9s UI preconfigured to run against Docker Desktop Kubernetes
- AlfrescoLabs/alfresco-docker-extension - Single “Run” button to deploy Alfresco platform with Docker
- Gefyra Docker Extension - Blazingly-fast, rock-solid, local application development with Kubernetes!
- Mutagen-extension - Mutagen Docker Desktop Extension
tailscale/docker-extension - Docker Extension adding Tailscale networking
Boring Proxy- Boring Proxy Docker Extension
- PGAdmin4 extension for Docker Desktop - PostgreSQL Admin Extension
- OracleXE 21c Docker Extension - Docker Extension for using OracleXE 21c
- SQLCL Docker Extension - Docker Extension for using an embedded version of Oracle SQLcl client tool
- Docker Extension for Percona Monitoring and Management - Docker Extension for Percona Monitoring and Management
- RedisInsight Docker Extension for Docker Desktop - RedisInsight Docker Extension
- SDW Docker Extension- SDW Docker Extension
- Mongo Express Docker Extension - Running Mongo DB as a Docker Extension
- Storj Docker Extension - A Resilient Cloud Object Storage with blazing Performance and Zero-trust Security.
- snyk/snyk-docker-desktop-extension - Docker Extension for running Snyk scan on images
- slimdotai/dd-ext - Slim.AI Docker Extensions
- jfrog/jfrog-docker-desktop-extension - 🐸 Scans any of your local Docker images for security vulnerabilities 🐋
- aquasecurity/trivy-docker-extension - Docker Extensions for Trivy
- l6khq/lacework-docker-extension - Docker Image Scanner
- supertokens-docker-extension -Supertokens Extension for Docker Desktop
- deepfence/yarahunter-docker-extensionhttps - ⛴️Docker extension for deepfence/YaraHunter🔎
- deepfence/secretscanner-docker-extension - ⛴️ Docker extension for deepfence/SecretScanner 🔐 badge
- docker/logs-explorer-extension - View all your container logs in one place so you can debug and troubleshoot faster
- uffizzi/docker-desktop-extension - Lets you create and manage full-stack previews in the cloud using a Docker Compose file
- ddosify/ddosify - High-performance load testing tool, written in Golang.
- Mailhog - Mailhog Docker Extension
- kubesail/docker-extension - Self-hosting/running internet software on computers you own.
- spurin/diveintoansible-extension - Let’s you create Ansible Lab Environment with an Ansible control node
- Gefyra - Gefyra is a toolkit written in Python to organize a local development infrastructure in order to produce software for and with Kubernetes
- loopDelicious/docker-extension - Postman collection run
- microcks/microcks-docker-desktop-extension - Kubernetes native tool for mocking and testing API and microservices
- samoht/docker-extension-ocaml - Docker Extensions in OCaml. OCaml is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm programming language which extends the Caml dialect of ML with object-oriented features.
- felipecruz91/dotnet-api-docker-extension - A sample .NET 6 WebAPI used as a backend for a Docker Extension
How to install Docker Extensions
Step 1. Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/<repo-name>/<name-of-your-extension>
Step 2. Build the Docker Extension
Navigate into the cloned repository and run:
The above command generates a Docker image named after the Docker Hub repository.
Step 3. Install Docker Extensions
To install the extension in Docker Desktop, run:
docker extension install <repo-name>/<name-of-your-extension>
Step 4. List the Extension
You can also check that the extension has been installed successfully using the following CLI command:
docker extension ls
Using Docker Hub
Step 1. Pull the image
docker pull <Docker-Hub-username>/<image-name>
Step 2. Install Docker Extensions
To install the extension in Docker Desktop, run:
docker extension install <Docker-Hub-username>/<image-name>
|Docker Extension for GOSH||Docker Extension for Slim.ai|
|Docker Extension for Snyk||Docker Extension for VMware Tanzu|
|Docker Extension for Anchore||Docker Extension for Okteto|
|Docker Extension for Uffizzi||Docker Extension for Meshery|
|Docker Extension for Trivy||Docker Extension for Telepresence|
|Docker Extension for Red Hat OpenShift||Docker Extension for JFrog|
💬 Support and Community
If you do get enough interest to build a Docker Extension, the team at Docker is available to support you. You can find us in the Docker Community Slack in #extensions, post issues on our SDK repo, or reach us via email extensions(AT)docker.com.
- Introducing Docker Extensions - YouTube
- Introduction to Docker Extensions
- How to create your own Docker Extensions
- Create Your First Extensions
- Minimal frontend extensions tutorial
- Minimal React Extensions tutorial
- Minimal Docker CLI Extensions tutorial
- Creating Docker Extensions (James Spurin) - YouTube
- Introducing Docker Extensions: DevOps and Docker Live Show (Ep 174) (Bret Fisher) - YouTube
Join Collabnix Discord Server